Monday, October 1, 2012
Posted by Dub Jeezy // at 4:58 PM //
"OMG, Dub, how can you NOT know what butter is? Such an idiot!"-a majority of the people that are reading this.
Upon initial thought, butter is only a known commodity in our lives. It's just there. It's existence is unquestioned, relatively unknown, and pretty much not cared about. But as I was enjoying a buttered roll today, I thought to myself, "What the fuck IS butter?" Then I sat dumbfounded for like 15 minutes, not Googling, and confused.
Here's what I know about butter:
-It's a dairy product, which means a DIRECT association with milk.
-That narrows it down to roughly 1 billion things
-Butter isn't milk, cheese, whipped cream, or yogurt
-But it has a yellow hue much like cheese
-The word "churn" is thrown around a lot when butter is discussed
-I don' think a human has churned anything since 1835
Clearly, I'm almost there. It's like I'm figuratively riding a bike without training wheels, but I still need Dad to balance me to make sure I don't fall.
Google, tell me what butter is please:
"Butter is a dairy product made by churning fresh or fermented cream or milk. It is generally used as a spread and a condiment, as well as in cooking, such as baking, sauce making, and pan frying. Butter consists of butterfat, milk proteins and water."
That was the most Inception'd answer of all time. Butter is made from "Butterfat"?! How can you have butterfat before you have butter?! That's lazy, wordmakers. So people and machines are still out here churning milk in these streets, huh? Crazy world.
Butter has a newfound respect from me. It requires hard feudal-aged human/robot work and it makes everything infinitely better. Bread wouldn't have a place in this world without butter. And all our shit would stick to the pan when we cooked. Shout out to butter, ya'll.
WMsDiary On Twitter
What's Hot This Week
-CNN Reports: Boston Resident, 21, rearranged an entire weight room, killing 6 innocent bystanders. In general, I have always been a physic...
So I was thinking about my career food intake today and came to some pretty stunning realizations. My life can basically be broken down i...
Is this picture NSFW? I think it is. To the untrained eye that looks a lot like..ah, I'll stop. Chris Bosh had a rough year being t...
(An interesting play on words based on the show "Friday Night Lights") Here we are again. Another Friday and we are left with mo...
Never seen a dude killing the scene like Charlie is right now. Each day I get a new favorite quote from this guy. First one was, "I...
The Old Stuff
- December (5)
- November (33)
- October (33)
- September (26)
- August (34)
- July (31)
- June (31)
- May (21)
- April (20)
- March (28)
- February (21)
- January (21)
- December (12)
- November (23)
- This Guy Appears To Have Found A Loophole In Hallo...
- The Definitive List Of The Worst Halloween Candy Y...
- Life After A "Hurricane Day"
- Blogging Live From "We All Gon' Die" Central
- Well, This Squirrel Ruined My Weekend, My Hallowee...
- Click On Those Weird Links At The Bottom Of My Pos...
- The Mayans Won
- What Not To Look Like If You're Trying To Commit F...
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Can't Get Marri...
- Old As Shit
- Wyclef Jean Covered In Crisco, Doin' The Damn Thin...
- Just Don't Let The Hipsters Get To This $20 Cardbo...
- "Stinky" The Dolphin Is Raping Everything
- How Often Do You Wash Certain Things?
- Why Are Giant Eyeballs Washing Ashore? Seriously,...
- Dude Kicked Out Of Bar For Having A Mullet
- My iPhone Passcode Changed From 4 To 6 Digits And ...
- Is There Anything In This World Worse Than An Unac...
- CNN Reports: This Squirrel Has The Plague
- Log-On And Get Your Ass Kicked. Gamertag: DubJ102...
- Never Read "Red Rain", But I Already Know It's The...
- It's Almost Imperative That I Get My Hands On One ...
- Al Gore Thinks The High Altitude In Denver Hurt Ob...
- Props To This Dog That Got Hit By A Car, Didn't Di...
- Tackling The Tough Questions
- That Time Lolo Jones Made Fun Of Eric LeGrand For ...
- Facebook Is Really Out Here Trying To Get People A...
- Questions You Thought You Can Answer, But Actually...
- September (19)
- August (25)
- July (23)
- June (37)
- May (34)
- April (33)
- March (43)
- February (43)
- January (47)
- December (55)
- November (47)
- October (52)
- September (48)
- August (43)
- July (44)
- June (53)
- May (39)
- April (50)
- March (57)
- February (37)
- January (40)
- December (41)
- November (42)
- October (43)
- September (54)
- August (62)
- July (63)
- June (78)
- May (66)
- April (50)
- March (61)
- February (51)
- January (36)
Powered by Blogger.