Monday, April 26, 2010
Posted by Craw // at 10:53 PM //
"When we play defense we're under a magnifying glass, but when we're on offense, there's no magnifying glasses. You've got to call it both ways. Dirk Nowitzki drives, he doesn't get fouled. They drive on the other end and they get the little ticky-tack fouls. So keep it consistent, that's all. Don't be one way or the other." -Erick Dampier - Dallas Mavericks - Fined $35K
"As far as the calls that he gets on the floor, I think a lot of the referees are treating him like a superstar; he gets to the line easy and often." -Phil Jackson (On Kevin Durant) - Los Angeles Lakers - Fined $35K
“Hopefully, the refs will start letting Dwight be a little physical and stop calling such tic-tac fouls on him, you know, give him a chance to play.”
-Matt Barnes - Orlando Magic - Fined $35K (Magic head coach Stan Van Gundy also fined for choice words)
"I know that certain referees were trying to bait me to get a tech. You could see it coming from a mile away. Like I say, I don't like to be cheated. I can deal with a loss. I can deal with playing bad. I can deal with getting my [butt] busted. I just don't like to be cheated. Bottom line." -Rasheed Wallace - Boston Celtics - Fined $35K (Celtics forward Kevin Garnett also fined for choice words)
Wow...I don't know if I can handle waking up in the morning again to read that another professional couldn't help but cry about referees. David Stern needs to step his game up here. What's he getting at when players and coaches feel it's worth it to simply cut a check out to the league for more than my year salary in order to speak their mind. It's equivalent to the average dude contemplating if they should order an extra side of ranch with their wings for 25 cents more...ahh why not right?
Starting next season Stern's gotta figure out a way to further regulate... Suspensions are in order...or maybe it is about that time to actually reevaluate the lack of control in games. But hey, as long as the money goes directly to NBA Cares then we're all good.
WMsDiary On Twitter
What's Hot This Week
-CNN Reports: Boston Resident, 21, rearranged an entire weight room, killing 6 innocent bystanders. In general, I have always been a physic...
In case you live under a rock, don't have Twitter or have better things to do with your time, Miguel scissor-kick leg-dropped a young wo...
Immediately following my quitting of work yesterday, two of my main bros and I made the pilgrimage to the great times mecca known as New Yor...
Welp, the game has changed. Completely. There's audacity and then there's putting synths and samplers on your bare testicles....
Jokes aside, this dude is going to die. Like within the week. In all honesty, I've never seen a more killable dude. Pretty sure I...
The Old Stuff
- ► 2012 (367)
- ► 2011 (565)
- Friday Night Tips: Do My (Or Your) Moves Cut It O...
- This Video Is Not Realistic
- The Everyday Illusions of Stallone in Rocky IV
- Can't Decide What's Cooler
- Kobe, Lakers Remain #1 In Jersey Sales
- Alert: Don't Give This Book To Your 5 Year Old
- Would You Eat This?
- This Picture Has Been Plaguing Me For The Longest ...
- The Truth About Pokemon
- Who's Next: Stern Is Ready for Another $35K
- How Does One Get Hit By These Things?
- So You're Saying She's Not Drunk?
- If Pictures Can Explain Themselves...
- Need Numbers!!! Lost My Phone AGAIN!!!
- Is This What "Glee" Is All About? Because If It I...
- How A Real Life "Work" Draft Would Go For Me
- 12-year old Tony Royster Jr. Puts Me Back In My Pl...
- First Annual WMD NFL Mock Draft Pt. 2
- First Annual WMD NFL Mock Draft Pt. 1
- Who in the World Will Take TO?
- He Got Game: Denzel Preparing Ray Allen for Tonigh...
- I Don't Know What This Thing Is, But I Wish It Wel...
- Put Me In A "Nightmare On Elm Street" Movie And Be...
- Charles Barkley Shows Us How The "Every Man" Uses ...
- "Oh, No Dogs Allowed?" "It's Cool, I'll Just Wait ...
- If You Have Two Hundred Bullets Left In The Klobb,...
- Whats Up Bro, Trying To Get a Lift In?
- If Routinely Going To Work Hungover As Balls Is Co...
- Can Lil Wayne Keep Working In Prison?
- Remember When Candace Parker Beat JR Smith In The ...
- What To Do When Stephen Hawking Is Just Chillin' I...
- What's Scarier...Chickens Or Jello?
- My Take on the New KFC Double Down
- Searching Yahoo Answers For "How Does One Acquire ...
- I Refuse To Believe Vodka Tastes Better With Bacon...
- In The End...We Are Douchebags
- Backwards Bowler Proves Innovation Is Key
- Need A Lot Of Cute Images In My Life Right Now
- Mark Sanchez Studying At Yale In Effort To Get "Sm...
- Welcome To The Jungle
- What's Scot Pollard Up to These Days?
- Simply a Must Watch
- Underwear Crisis: 2010
- It's Probably For The Best Gordon Hayward's Shot D...
- A Response to Back America's Pastime
- And May God Help Our Souls, Mainly Mine
- Baseball: The Worst Sport In The World
- How I Would Fair On My Favorite Shows If I Randoml...
- 2010 NBA Hall of Famers: DJ, Malone, Pippen
- To Make Light of April Fools Day...
- ▼ April (50)
Powered by Blogger.